Help Us Get the Word Out About E15
The Trump Administration promised America’s farmers to make E15 available year-round. However, that promise has not yet been fulfilled.
The Administrator of the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), Scott Pruitt, continues to bail out multi-billion-dollar oil refiners at the expense of South Dakota farmers.
It’s time to get Administrator Pruitt on board with President Trump’s agenda.
Administrator Pruitt is coming to South Dakota on Wednesday, June 13. With his visit to our backyard, it’s time for South Dakota’s corn growers to tell Administrator Pruitt how important year-round E15 will be for our industry and economy on both a state and national level.
Here are some talking points to guide you:
- South Dakota corn growers have been supportive of President Trump and his administration
- President Trump promised voters that he would make E15 available year-round
- Agriculture is South Dakota’s No. 1 industry
- Corn production is the No. 1 segment of South Dakota’s agriculture industry, and ethanol is the largest corn product
- South Dakota produces 7 percent of U.S. ethanol
- South Dakota corn production, the grain retail chain and ethanol production represent thousands of jobs and support dozens of rural South Dakota communities
- South Dakota farmers support offering an American fuel as the first choice at gas pumps across the U.S.
Here’s how you can get involved:
1. Attend a tractor rally on Wednesday, June 13, at 10:30 a.m. at Falls Park Farmer’s Market (309 E Falls Park Dr. / Sioux Falls). Don’t worry—you don’t need to bring your prize tractor. Just bring your voice!
The rally will feature speakers from the South Dakota Corn Growers Association (SDCGA), Growth Energy and POET, as well as other special guests.
Local media will also be on hand to help South Dakota farmers share our message of the importance of making E15 available year-round.
2. Help the E15 message go viral on social media.
Here are some ideas of where to share these talking points, using this hashtag: #E15. Attached are some memes you can also download for sharing. Share them often and everywhere:
- Your personal Facebook page and/or Twitter feed
- The EPA’s Facebook page and Twitter feed (@EPA)
- President Trump’s Facebook pages:
- President Trump’s Twitter feeds:
3. Call the EPA and the Trump Administration.
Administrator Pruitt: 202-564-4700
Comment Line: 202-456-1111
SDCGA asks you to TAKE ACTION TODAY!